The Beginning of 20-Time (Part I)

What is 20-time? Glad you asked! In Mr. Orre's biology class, we are working on a long term project that we are passionate about for 20% of our class time each week. By the end of this project, the goal is to achieve a solution to the problem you are concerning or complete a major portion for a greater good. My 20-time doesn't have an essential question, but a dream goal: I want more people to be aware of their surroundings and the planet we live on. I feel that most people would use an educational pamphlet to hold their half chewed gum or a google slide would be nap time for high school students.

My 20-time is educating Saratoga High students and making them more environmentally conscious with a whole week (during the week of Earth Day) dedicated to problems affecting the environment, such as energy conservation, pollution, ocean waste, etc. At the end of the week, we could have a fair with different booths, similar to a club day, but more about the environment. This project is inspired by my interest in the environment and my sister, who works for the Palo Alto Regional Water Quality Control Plan.

My first goal is to contact the leadership class to try to set a date for this event. Next would be finding booth materials and activities for that portion of the day, like guest speakers and free vegan food. Then, I'd have to find people to help maintain all these booths, which will be hard (because I have no friends *internally crying*). I'll try to measure my achievement with an online survey at the end of the project to see if the fair was actually informative.

If this project does well, it could be a long lasting activity at our school and other schools could adapt. People would be well educated on these problems and actually not think it's some hoax created by and for the Chinese. Thanks for reading and please leave a comment down below :) ok thx baiiii

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's coming to an end: 20-Time Individual Refelction

Poor Piggy: Pig Dissection Lab