20-Time: Midway Update

My last post was about how I was stuck in which topic to do for my project. So my FINAL IDEA is something completely different. I suddenly realized that I had no passion for this project anymore. After all, passion is suppose to motivate you and fuel the fire in you to keep going and be 100% invested. After all these post, I came to the conclusion that I have NO interest in chemical detectors or whatever. I was stuck in a hole. A dark, empty hole where I can cry and let go of my troubles. But in this hole, I reached out to Mr. Orre, who told me not to cry and he only wants to see his students grow, not be in crippling depression, whether they haven't had any visible progress at all "/ Well, I thought to myself, I may haven't had any tangible work done, but I have learned so much over the past couple of weeks. Maybe I did semi-okay. Okay now onto the NEW NEW project...

Recently I got in contact with Mr. Galleher for the leadership class at shs. I wanted the school to get involved in the River Clean Up Day. There are 51 clean up sites in Santa Clara County. On May 20, we will gather many students and their families to help clean these areas. Just in case some students are lazy, we have multiple incentives: 1) extra credit in your science classes (although, some teachers may not give any) and 2) volunteer hours. I will be writing about these experiences and sharing my thoughts about the environment with you! One day is not enough so I will also be planning a beach clean up day. Anyone can come, with the appropriate tools (such as trash bags). I will also record this day for my journal. More information will be handed out in forms of flyers.

I really enjoy this new new project. It's a great way to interact with the environment. Hands on activities are always fun to do, and with friends! Unlike the other project ideas, I'm genuinely excited to get my hands dirty and make a difference. What I learned in the 20-time is to be more realistic and less "moon shoot",  but never get stuck in a rut or else you won't go anywhere. Try to talk to someone about your problems and hopefully they will help you. Thats all I have today! Hopefully I won't change this idea again...

:) Ok, thx baiii

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's coming to an end: 20-Time Individual Refelction

Poor Piggy: Pig Dissection Lab