Unit 8 Reflection

This unit was about evolution and what goes into a population evolving. Within a population, there are different traits which are called variation. When artificial selection occurs, that is when humans want a specific trait in an animal, that can create a new species overtime. Charles Darwin was an expert about evolution and natural selection. From the observations he made, he conjectured two conclusions: 1) The fittest win and 2) Populations look like the winners. Natural selection is a factor of evolution, which is a process of using the winners of the populations and passing their traits to their offspring to survive. We simulated a species in the real world and how the chances that they survive with different traits. You can read about it here. The gene pool is the sum of variation in a species. Species is a group of individuals that can reproduce and have fertile offspring. Speciation is the formation of new species, and it is caused by reproductive isolation. Evolution is a theory, and every theory has evidence: developmental evidence, vestigial structures, fossils, homologous structure, and analogous structure. Population contains natural selection that can change the distribution of a trait. The formation of the Earth started with chemical and physical processes. The Earth's history was broken into four eras, the era we live in now is the Cenozoic Era.

I love the topic of evolution, but we haven't applied it to us, humans. I'd really like to learn more about homo sapiens and how we came to be. The mysteries of animal and human evolution is so fascinating, like how wolves evolved from whales.

As stated in the last unit reflection, I am a passive-assertive person. A person of that kind will let you walk over them to a certain extent. Our goal is to be an assertive person, hopefully not offending anyone during that path. I've been working on my confidence, although it will take a long time. I noticed that I hide behind my friends when confronting others and during projects, don't express my personal opinion. I'm mostly afraid that they won't accept me and think my ideas are dumb. I see myself inferior from others and that is what is keeping me from my goal. A start would be to stand up for my opinions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's coming to an end: 20-Time Individual Refelction

Poor Piggy: Pig Dissection Lab