Unit 3 Reflection

In this unit, the overall topic was the cell. From the last unit, we learned about macromolecules. Now, we applied them as how they serve as building blocks of cells. Part of the unit described the structure and functions of the membrane. Another area is diffusion and osmosis, which is the diffusion of water. Photosynthesis and cellular respiration were two points important in plants and cells. Lastly, the functions and organelles in a cell.

My strengths include diffusion and osmosis. I feel like I understand the isotonic and such concepts very well. The weakness in this unit were the functions of organelles in the cell. It seems very hard for me to remember the organelles and its functions. the topics I successfully understood were the understanding of photosynthesis and cellular respiration. The diagram of photosynthesis really furthered my learning. A big setback was the comprehension of the history of the cell and microscopes. Not being able to remember the dates and people of the specific event in history is very challenging and might be a setback for me in the test.

From the experiences done in this unit, I can say that I improved on my knowledge of biology. The concepts I recently learned can be used in daily life. If I ever look at the trees or plants surrounding the beautiful city of Saratoga, I can explain why they are green and how it happens. This unit also taught me to spend my time wisely. All of the labs done in class could be finished in class if I manage my work time.

I want to further my understanding of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. More about cells, I also want to comprehend the concept of ATP, ADP, NADP, and NADPH. I though those ideas were not clearly represented. Sometimes I wonder about what the branches and base part of a tree does instead of the leaves. This cell unit was okay in the terms of understanding the concepts and hopefully I do well on the Unit 3 Test :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's coming to an end: 20-Time Individual Refelction

Poor Piggy: Pig Dissection Lab