River Cleanup!


On May 20th, I arrived at the Calabaza Creek in Cupertino. My friends and I participated in the river cleanup that was an event created by the leadership class. For about three hours, we walked along the creek, looking for trash, but overall, the creek was decently clean. The only thing we found an abundance of was shards of beer bottles (I think). There was the occasional plastic straw or bag, but not as much as I was expecting. I even made new friends from the other classes and got to know them through trenching across the puddles of water. I realized how much fun helping the community is and the satisfaction of creating a better environment for the leaders of tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's coming to an end: 20-Time Individual Refelction

Poor Piggy: Pig Dissection Lab